Join the newsletter
I’m only slightly kidding when I say that I’ve missed the interactive US maps that seem to be everywhere online during election season. If you’re a map-lover like me, you’ll love IJM’s Freedom Commons. It has an interactive map so you can see what’s going on in your state to stop human trafficking. Plus, it shows you breaking news and ways to take action against human trafficking. Here’s more from Freedom Commons:
The Freedom Commons helps you gather with others and take action to pass anti-slavery legislation in the U.S. and support U.S. leaders in the fight to end slavery.
Whether you’re an experienced advocate or just taking your first step, we hope these resources empower you to be an agent of change in your community and beyond. Get updated on anti-trafficking work in your state and nationally, and find ideas for organizing your own campaigns as you mobilize others to advocate for freedom.
Take action by exploring:
- National Advocacy Learn more about federal anti-slavery legislation under consideration, download easy-to-use resources and find out what’s happening across the country.
- State Advocacy Get the latest on anti-trafficking legislation in your state, and see what bills your policymakers have supported and reach out to them. You can also check out local groups and events happening in your state. (Just select your state from the national map.)
- Local Groups Create or join a local group, find cool events and connect with other abolitionists in your area. In order to use certain features, you must be logged in.
- IJM Justice Campaigns Updates Get the latest from the IJM Justice Campaigns team and discover how we’re reaching out to lawmakers in Washington, D.C. and around the country. You can also join a Justice Campaigns-sponsored initiative, like the 100 Postcard Challenge, or find upcoming IJM events, like our annual Lobby Day. We’ll keep you updated!
- Learn more about ending slavery. Track your elected officials’ history of supporting human trafficking policies through the Justice Campaigns Congressional Scorecard. Get the latest breaking news on human trafficking, read about key anti-trafficking legislation, find resources to help you with your first in-district meeting, and more.
Melissa loves merging her passions for writing and for helping provide restoration for exploited people. She graduated from Miami University with a degree in Adolescent English Education and is a former middle school language arts teacher. She now works full time as an editor. Melissa has visited Freeset in Kolkata, India.
View all posts by: Melissa